Submit | Jury | Rules | Rating
Poetry competition 2023 rules
1. Entry to the competition is open to all.
2. Each entrant may make 1 entry. This is one poem.
3. Each entry must be a poem of no more than 28 lines (included blank lines), on the theme of Some People Never Go Crazy. Entrants are encouraged to interpret this theme with imagination.
4. Each entraint have to pay $ 10. Without we don’t judge.
5. Entries will be judged in two categories:
Young people, aged 11-18 on September 1, 2023
Adults (19 or over)
6. All entries must be submitted through the contact form on the LA Poetry Beach Festival website (www.lapoetrybeach.com). Each entry must give:
the entrant’s name;
the entrant’s date of birth;
the entrant’s complete adress;
a contact email address;
the title of the poem;
the month and the year of the poem
7. No postal entries will be accepted.
8. By entering the competition, entrants agree to abide by these rules
9. Judges will be appointed by LA Poetry Beach Festival. Their decision will be final, and no appeals will be considered.
10. LA Poetry Beach Festival reserves the right to amend these rules if it is deemed necessary to do so.
11. Entries must be submitted under the entrant’s real name.
12. LA Poetry Beach Festival cannot accept responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrant.
13. The competition and rules are governed by American law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the American courts.
14. In accordance with the California Consumer Privacy Act, entrants’ details will be held on a secure database by LA Poetry Beach Festival and will not be released to any third party without entrants’ explicit and written consent.
15. Poems must be entirely the original work of the entrant. Entries must never have been published, self-published, published on any website or broadcast in any form nor currently entered in any other competition before September 1st, 2023. The poem must not have won a prize in any previous competition.
16. Max. 52 selected poets will be notified by September 8th 2023.
17. The prize for the 52 selected poets will be a performance opportunity at a LA Poetry Beach Festival 2023 event and each selected poet will get two printed anthologies.
18. The copyright of the winning and short-listed poems remains with the authors. However, the winning and short-listed poets, by entering the competition, grant LA Poetry Beach Festival the right to publish in print and online and/or broadcast their poems for one year from September 1, 2023. Use of the poems elsewhere during this time is subject to permission from LA Poetry Beach Festival .
19. Details of the winners will be posted on the LA Poetry Beach Festival website.
20. The competition closes on September 1, 2023, and any entries received after this date will be rejected.